Monday, February 13, 2012

Shoud he have contacted my mom on M-Day?

My ex of four years broke up with me three weeks ago over the phone.

I knew his mother somewhat well, although she lived in a different state. I have not had any contact with my ex because I don’t want to and it’s not necessary, but out of respect I sent his mother an e-card greeting for Mother’s Day. She and I had always exchanged presents around holidays and birthdays and spoke to each other occasionally on the phone.



My ex boyfriend, on the other hand, did not contact my mother whatsoever; even though he was part of my family for years. We lived 10 minutes away from all of my family members, went to most of family functions together, spent holidays together (exchanged gifts), and hung out with each other often. He was in many ways an intricate of my family.



I did not have this type of relationship with any of his family members, but I still felt it would be rude if I didn’t contact his mother in some way shape or form. Besides, I’ve always had an affinity for her.



I just am dumbfounded that he couldn’t do the same. I know my mother is hurt because she made several comments the day before about him possibly calling. By the time Mothers Day came around, she simply resorted to, “I don’t expect him to call. I don’t think he cares.”



That **** really broke my heart. After everything my family (especially my mother has done for him.) And especially after he dumped me off at her house and now I’m forced to live with her until I find my own place.



What do you think happened? Do you think I went too far in contacting his mom? I haven’t heard from her since…..

Do you think he should have contacted my mom? How would you react?

Shoud he have contacted my mom on M-Day?
I am not sure why you or your mother would expect him to contact her. First of all according to you he is your ex boyfriend. Ex as in no longer and boyfriend as in not your husband. I could see an ex husband who had been in the family and would have probably called your mother MOM maybe sending a card. But he was not her son in law and he is not your boyfriend anylonger.



I am sure he thought she would think it really strange to send her a card.



As for your sending his mom a card. That was up to you and perhaps you felt a mother daughter type connection to her. It too was probably not expected.
Reply:People do different things for different reasons, you are both different people.



If you felt that you should or simply you wanted to contact his mom, that's great.



You can't expect your feelings to be mimiced by him.

Perhaps he believes in washing his hands of the whole thing.



I think you're reading too much into it.


  • good eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment