Saturday, February 11, 2012

Mothers Day ? Any ideas..what R you doing this year??

Thanks in advance. Plz no online gift stores...I dont have a credit card.

Mothers Day ? Any ideas..what R you doing this year??
My daughter and I (she's 3) went to the greenhouse and got flowers to plant and some pots. I had her paint the small ones for each of her grandmothers and helped her plant the flowers in each one. Then I made a big pot of flowers for my mom as something just from me. The pots my daughter made are really sweet and cute. If you don't have a kid to make something so charming, here's another idea. Find out the birthstones of you and/or your siblings. Then if you can, buy plants and flowers that match the colors of the birthstones and pot them. Then it will have some special meaning. Otherwise, I think there are certain flowers that stand for something or have special meanings to them. Look it up on the net and see what you can find. Sure flowers are kind of a cliche gift for mothers day. But if you go to the work of planting them, then it really is more thoughtful. Plus its a gift that keeps on giving.



Oh and I forgot....my original idea was to make my mom a scrapbook of family photos. However, my cousin beat me to that at christmastime so my mom didn't really need another one. Plus the way my cousin did it was really awesome. Not only did she make a scrapbook, she made it into a calendar. So every month has different pictures relating to that particular month. For instance, in the month of my birthday there are pictures of me. And in the month of my brother's birthday there are pictures of him. I though that was a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment